Last updated 20.9.2021
Introduction and what is a cookie
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies are widely used by website owners in order to make their websites work, to perform more efficiently, as well as to provide reporting information and provide you a better experience.
Cookies set by Avaus (avaus.com) are called “first party cookies”. Cookies set by parties other than Avaus (avaus.com) are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the website (e.g. like advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies can recognize your device both when it visits the website in question and also when it visits certain other websites. Cookies are only one option to identify and track website users. We may use other, similar technologies from time to time, like web beacons (sometimes called “tracking pixels”). These are small files that contain a unique identifier that enable us to recognize when someone has visited our web service or opened an email including them. Many times, these methods are dependent on cookies to function properly. Thus, rejecting cookies may impair their functionality.
How can I control cookies?
You have the right to decide whether to accept or reject cookies. The cookie control tool allows you to select which categories of cookies you accept or reject. Obligatory cookies cannot be rejected as they are strictly necessary to provide you with services.
In addition, most advertising networks offer you a way to opt out of targeted advertising. If you would like to find out more information, please visit https://www.youronlinechoices.com.
These cookies are necessary for the website to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
- OneTrust / CookiePro – Cookie consent solution, set cookies to maintain user (browser/device) consent status on our web services
- Google Tag Manager – Website tag management solution, sets cookies to maintain and update website scripts on our web services
- Visual Website Optimizer – Visitor journey optimization solution, sets cookies to maintain anonymous experiment testing and visitor insight collection
Analytics & user experience cookies
These cookies are used to monitor visits to our site and help us improve and optimize website performance and user experience. All information collected is anonymised and is not directly linked to a person, but with other information can be used to identify a person for optimised user experience. If you disable these cookies the site should function correctly, we simply won’t know that you visited the site.
- Google Analytics – Web analytics solution, sets cookies to monitor website visitors and optimize website content
- Pardot – Visitor nurturing and engagement service, sets cookies to enhance user experience and display customized content on our website
- Leadoo – Interactive chatbot on our website, sets cookies to enhance user experience on the website
- Leadfeeder – B2B Website visitor tracking software, that recognizes company IP addresses, but not an exact person visiting the website.
- Vimeo – Video streaming service, sets cookies to enhance user experience via embedded video content on our website
Advertising & targeting cookies
These cookies may be set through our site by our advertising and targeting partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Facebook / Instagram – Social media platform, sets cookies to create target segments for advertisement purposes and to monitor advertisement campaign performance
- Twitter – Social media platform, sets cookies to create target segments for advertisement purposes and to monitor advertisement campaign performance
- LinkedIn – Social media platform, sets cookies to create target segments for advertisement purposes and to monitor advertisement campaign performance
- DoubleClick / Google Ads – Digital advertisement platform, sets cookies to deliver measurable advertisement, to create target segments for advertisement purposes and to monitor advertisement campaign performance
- Youtube – Video streaming platform, sets cookies to create target segments for advertisement purposes and to monitor advertisement campaign performance
- Adobe Audience Manager – Data management platform, sets cookies to build unique audience profiles that are used in advertisement and to enhance user experience
Advanced user experience cookies
Within this category we use online identifiers to enrich your online behavioral statistics with information we have about you to provide us better understanding of user behavior. This information is used for advanced analytics, advertising and targeted marketing purposes. Your data is never sold to third parties and is only used to either improve your experience by providing more relevant content or avoiding to provide irrelevant content.
Who to contact when you have questions about usage of cookies on this site?
Ben Ottoman, CISO firstname.lastname@example.org / +358 44 504 0308
Avaus Marketing Innovations